Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trip update

“God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supplies.”
- Hudson Taylor


     Over the weekend Pastor Dalton held our first & only Uganda Mission Trip meeting, I was fortunate to attend & was able to meet the other 11 people on our Uganda trip! The group is very diverse & I am so excited to get to know each & every one of our team members along our memorable journey! Judi & I are definitely the youngest in the group with a close second going to the pastor & his wife. In our group there's a few that have traveled internationally for work, some that have been on many mission trips & those of us that are new to mission trips in Africa. There is even one gentleman- probably in his 50 or 60s that has NEVER even been on a plane & has never traveled out of the country before!! 

     As a non-member of the Johns Creek United Methodist Church, I was worried about not being accepted by the other group members, but thankfully everyone was very warm & welcoming & excited for Judi & I to be involved with their trip. Only 17 days left until we our on our way! I know Judi & I still have a lot to do in preparation for our trip, all that we are doing in these next few weeks will be so worth it once we land in Uganda & hopefully better the lives of others! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment