Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Last day in the office

Wow the past few weeks have flown by. I feel so overwhelmed that I am struggling with where to even begin! Last night I was able to spray most of my clothing with the permethrin spray. The goal is obviously to prevent mosquito bites in the first place because while we will be starting our malaria meds friday there is no preventative measures for sleeping sickness which is also transmitted through mosquito bites. I still have a few things to pick up from the store and then it is just a matter of getting it all together.

Also I thought I should share with you some of the anxiety that I am having with a component of our trip. Each member of the mission has been asked to prepare a devotional to share with the group. I will be doing that on Saturday March 10. I have the pm devotional which Lindz said is the longer of the two. I am so sick with worry over it that I am almost tempted to talk about worry! One of the things I have always struggled with in my journey is evangelism. Even when discussing my relationship with God among christians I find my self very uncomfortable. I hope that all of this nervous energy I am putting into this will only make me stronger in the end, but until then I will fret about sharing something I typically view as very personal and very private with people who at this point are strangers.

On a lighter note I will be leaving good 'ole West Virginia in 25 hours and so begins the culmination of the journey Lindsay and I have been sharing with you over the past two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment