Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams



As I watch this amazing man who was certainly taken from the lives of his children and students too soon, I am reminded of the need to never stop dreaming and never stop doing!

I recommend that everyone watch this video it is an hour and 45 minutes well spent, and time I like to personally take out at least every few months! For you readers out there I would laso highly encourage the book, and I hope to share this speech with some of the children at Humble when I return in 2013.

Here are a few memorable quotes the never fail to give me goosebumps!

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” 


“The key question to keep asking is, Are you spending your time on the right things? Because time is all you have. Time is all you have and may find one day you have less than you think” 


“Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” 


And a few on dreams, but before I list them I would like to take a brief moment to talk about my dream. My dream is to get back to Humble, get back to the place where I felt home from the minute I set foot inside those gates and to bring as much joy and education I can to every child I encounter in my time there. I feel privileged to be able to share those dreams with you, and I cannot wait to watch those dreams come to fruition. 

“It's not about how to achieve your dreams, it's about how to lead your life, ... If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself, the dreams will come to you.” 

“Its important to have specific dreams. Dream Big. Dream without fear.” 

“Give yourself permission to dream. Fuel your kids' dreams too. Once in a while, that might even mean letting them stay up past their bedtimes."


No comments:

Post a Comment